About Me

My photo
I love the sunrise. I love staring out into the horizon in front of me, feeling the sun's glow, and losing myself in my own world of thoughts... I love being awake when the world around me is fast asleep, and staring into the distance at the tiny glimmering ball of fire as it shyly creeps into my world… Each sunrise brings to me a new day and with it a fresh start. An opportunity to do things differently, see things from a different point of view... but best of all, an opportunity to ponder over the day ahead, giving a new chance every day to live...

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"Funny how such seemingly inconsequential things go a long way in maturing us"

Look at the bigger picture.
Let go.
Find happiness within yourself.
Be brave.
Don't smother people.
Give people the same freedom and independence you would want yourself.

It's OK to have blah days, where the magic seems to have gone.

Sheesh, why does no one ever teach us this stuff... so much discovering to do, so little time to blog about it all. :)

The title of this blog post was said to me years ago. For some odd reason, I am finding a lot of comfort in those words right now, perhaps because I can relate to the inconsequential. It's not so scary any more, once you say it out loud - inconsequential. You never know how far it can go in maturing you.

Oh boy, being strong is hard work. Thank fuck for a sense of humour to see it through!

8 comments:

det-res said...

May be nothing is inconsequential after all.

Abhishek Gupta said...

Hey Sunrise, Hi . I read the harper lee quote . To kill a mockingbird is my favourite book of all times . I totally love the potrayal of the relationship between atticus, scout and ______ ( ill need to refresh my memory) . I also liked this present blogpost A LOT and I agree completely with you !

I hope you have a good day ahead.
All the best ,

Anonymous said...

you're a med student? and apparently from your other blog, a brilliant photographer too? and i guess i read in your comment on sayesha's blog (from where i got here) that you have a baby sis too?
we have a lot in common i guess :)

Anonymous said...

you're a med student? and apparently from your other blog, a brilliant photographer too? and i guess i read in your comment on sayesha's blog (from where i got here) that you have a baby sis too?
we have a lot in common i guess :)

--Sunrise-- said...

Det-Res: Maybe, indeed. :)

Abhishek: the missing name is Jem! Thanks for dropping by, TKAM is very close to my heart. :)

Sanyukta: Hiii! Yes, we do have a lot in common. I came to your blog through Sayesha's too. :) I don't know about brilliant photographer, but budding photographer toh hoon =D I will surely keep dropping by your blog, which year of med school are you in?

Whuaat? said...

Yes, it's okay to have blah days and not fuss over why we are NOT having a "good" day. I do that a lot :|

Loved the blog title. So true.

Sculptor said...

Was reading Psych today, came across this in Freudian theory, "Nothing is mere coincidence. Every factor of one's mental makeup is a consequence of a past act"
So true, in psych and in life.

If only someone came up with a Freudian theory for life!

--Sunrise-- said...

@Sculptor: absolutely love the quote, thanks for this!! I've been meaning to expand on a similar sentiment into a blog post for a while now, but never really had the chance. Have you seen Before Sunrise/Before Sunset by any chance? There is a part in it which hits a real chord with me because while I believe in the randomness of life, I also believe that everything unfurls exactly the way the laws of physics have meant it to - so for every given particular situation, if you input the same factors each time, you will get the same result each time - so is there really randomness to this world's madness after all?

"Well, you know, the world might be less free than we think. Yeah, when given these exact circumstances, that's what will happen every time: two part hydrogen, one part oxygen, you get water every time."